Club Modernism Week! Hosted by retro pop culture expert and performer, Charles Phoenix! What a great way to experience Modernism Week October. Just 26 fortunate modernists will have private use of a newly opened boutique hotel for 3 nights and 4 days of fun and sun, plus cocktail parties, gourmet dinner and show, party at Elvis’ Honeymoon House, and the FABULOUS Lynda Kay!
Azure Sky Hotel, constructed 1959 in the desert modern style seen throughout the historic neighborhood, has been transformed into a design lover’s midcentury oasis after two years of extensive luxury renovations. This exclusive hotel, which only accepts guests 21 and older, is just south of downtown and within walking distance of some of the best restaurants and retro bars in town.
The 13 exceptionally appointed suites, junior suites, and studios, have luxurious beds, gorgeous, tiled spa-like bathrooms, and custom woodwork throughout. Kitchenettes are fully stocked. No TV, however, there is high-speed internet included for all your streaming needs, that is if you can tear yourself away from the pool or quietly contemplating the mountain views.
Outside, discover an expansive terrace surrounding the huge 4,500-sf. pool and a large jacuzzi with ample chaise lounges all around. The meadow courtyard is an ideal spot to watch the sun set behind the San Jacinto Mountains. Two separate fire pits provide gathering places and lend ambiance to cozy evenings.
Guests receive daily continental breakfast and coffee in the ‘living room’ lobby; bottles of water daily; loaned bicycles; high speed internet; in-room coffee by Steeped; parking; stocked minibar, in-room gifts, and daily on-site MW Hospitality coordinator. All rooms are non-smoking. With just a 26-guest capacity at the hotel, the expansive grounds, huge pool with an abundance of chaise lounges, and multiple places to lounge on the property will give the feeling of staying at a friend's very exclusive Palm Springs residence. A friend who just happens to be friends with Charles Phoenix!
Events and tours include:
- Thursday, start your weekend off with an 7:00 PM performance by the fabulous song stylist, Lynda Kay (she can be seen on Amazon Primes’ Goliath) and her full band at the world-class jazz club, Jazzville. With a voice of pure gold, bouffant hair, elegant vintage style, and vast repertoire of classic songs from the early 1960s, she’s an experience not to be missed – and you have center main seats near the stage! ($160 value)
- Friday a Meet + Greet Wine Reception 5:30 PM poolside with Charles Phoenix, the Ambassador of Americana. Handsome, witty, and with a voice recognized around the world, this is a rare opportunity to meet him up close and say hello. Don’t be shy! (Priceless!)
- Friday evening, 7:00 PM STARSTRUCK- a one-of-a-kind musical dinner event that pays tribute to the glamorous, star-studded history of Palm Springs as you dine on a four-course gourmet menu that includes free flowing cocktails. 15 minute walk from hotel. ($330 value)
- Saturday, Depart from hotel 10:00 AM 2 hour private, professionally guided mini-coach tour for the hotel guests only through the city’s most beautiful historic neighborhoods and areas to see the world famous collection of midcentury modern homes and buildings ($260 value)
- Saturday, be the first to tour and party at the House of Tomorrow, the newly renovated Alexander Estate more popularly known as the Elvis Honeymoon House. This is the party of the weekend and lucky you, tickets are included as it will sell out. Includes r/t transportation. Depart 5:45 PM Return 8:15PM ($325 value)
- Entrance to the Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show on Saturday or Sunday. ($50 value)
- A pass to see the latest Modernism Week Featured Home, Hi-Sun, in the Las Palmas neighborhood’s elegant Summit Estates. Daily Hours 9:00 AM -12:30PM ($70 value)
- Special gifts from Modernism Week for each room. (Priceless!!)
Things to Know
All VIP packages are for double occupancy, two guests maximum. Limited availability for single occupancy. For details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM on Thursday, October 13, 2022. Check-out time is 12:00 PM on Sunday,
October 16, 2022.
Hotel exclusively for guests 21 years and older.
All rooms are non-smoking.
Within 24 hours of purchasing the VIP package, an invoice will be emailed to you for your final reservation payment, less the $500 non-refundable room deposit.
No hotel reservation refunds for requests received after September 30, 2022.
The hotel is exclusively for Modernism Week guests only.
On arrival, guests will receive a personalized agenda with event and tour tickets, schedule and important details.
Complimentary on-stie parking is available at Azure Sky.
Handicap parking is available. There is one ADA compliant Azure Suite. The hotel is wheelchair accessible.
The House of Tomorrow is not ADA accessible.
The organizer of this event is Modernism Week.
Event Check-in Location
Azure Sky Hotel, 1661 S Calle Palo Fierro, Palm Springs, CA 92264
Photo Credits: Courtesy Azure Sky Hotel, Charles Phoenix, Lynda Kay, Joe Fletcher, Photographer
|No items available.|