Club Modernism Week! Just 26 fortunate modernists will have private use of a newly opened hotel for 3 nights and 4 days of fun, sun, plus exciting tours, events, cocktail parties and dinners—designed to experience the best of Modernism Week and Palm Springs. Download Brochure
Azure Sky Hotel, constructed 1959 in the desert modern style seen throughout the historic neighborhood, has been transformed into a design lover’s midcentury oasis after two years of extensive luxury renovations. This exclusive hotel, which only accepts guests 21 and older, is just south of downtown and within walking distance of some of the best restaurants and retro bars in town.
The 13 exceptionally appointed suites, junior suites and studios, have midcentury inspired design details, featuring a neutral palette which express desert colors and a tranquil, cool vibe.
Wood and stone are the prominent design materials. Custom millwork throughout. Luxurious built-in beds, dressed in Comphy Co. spa linens, float above scattered rugs and stone tile. Bathrooms feature spacious showers with floor-to-ceiling tile, luxury amenities and concrete sinks and counters. Kitchenettes are fully stocked. No TV, however, there is high-speed internet included for all your streaming needs, that is if you can tear yourself away from the pool or quietly contemplating the mountain views.
Outside, discover an expansive terrace surrounding the huge 4,500-sf. pool and a large jacuzzi with ample chaise lounges all around. The meadow courtyard is an ideal spot to watch the sun set behind the San Jacinto Mountains. Two separate fire pits provide gathering places and lend ambiance to cozy evenings.
Guests receive daily continental breakfast and coffee in the ‘living room’ lobby; bottles of water daily; loaned bicycles; high speed internet; in-room coffee by Steeped; parking; stocked minibar, daily in-room gifts; daily on-site MW Hospitality coordinator; along with other perks and surprises to be announced. All rooms are non-smoking. With just 26 guests, the expansive grounds, huge pool with an abundance of chaise lounges, and multiple places to lounge on the property will give the feeling of staying in a friend's very exclusive Palm Springs residence.
Events and tours include:
- A private, professionally guided mini-coach tour for registered hotel guests through the city’s most beautiful, historic neighborhoods and areas to see the world famous collection of midcentury modern homes and buildings.
- Private transportation and a docent-led tour of the historic Annenberg estate at Sunnylands Center & Gardens in Rancho Mirage.
- Enjoy a sunset live jazz cocktail party at the hotel on the first night.
- STARSTRUCK - an exciting new musical dinner event from PS Underground including a superb 4 course menu, stellar entertainment and beer, wine and cocktails.
- Be the first to tour and party at the House of Tomorrow, the newly renovated Alexander Estate more popularly known as the Elvis Honeymoon House.
- Daily entrance to the Palm Springs Modernism Fall Show;
- A tour of the latest Modernism Week Featured Home, Hi-Sun, in the Las Palmas neighborhood’s Summit Estates.
- A farewell champagne brunch at the hotel.
Things to Know
All VIP packages are for double occupancy, two guests maximum. Limited availability for single occupancy. For details, please email email@example.com.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM on Thursday, October 13, 2022. Check-out time is 12:00 PM on Sunday,
October 16, 2022.
Hotel exclusively for guests 21 years and older.
All rooms are non-smoking.
Within 24 hours of purchasing the VIP package, an invoice will be emailed to you for your final reservation payment, less the $500 non-refundable room deposit.
No hotel reservation refunds for requests received after September 15, 2022.
The hotel is exclusively for Modernism Week guests only.
On arrival, guests will receive a personalized binder with event and tour tickets, schedule and
The private Palm Springs architecture tour departing from the hotel, and transportation to Rancho Mirage for the Sunnylands historic home tour are exclusive experiences for hotel guests only.
On-site parking is available at Azure Sky.
Handicap parking is available. There is one ADA compliant Azure Suite. The hotel is wheelchair accessible.
There are some exterior and/or interior steps on the tours.
The organizer of this event is Modernism Week.
Event Check-in Location
Azure Sky Hotel, 1661 S Calle Palo Fierro, Palm Springs, CA 92264
Photo Credits: Courtesy Azure Sky Hotel, Sunnylands, Joe Fletcher, Photographer
|No items available.|